Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine dining restaurants, seventeen catering facilities, a country inn and eight Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
Banquet Managers are responsible for overseeing events, handle and delegate set-up and breakdown of function rooms and take care of the customer in a timely, courteous, efficient, and customized manner.
• Leadership skills to motivate and manage your team
• The confidence to liaise with other heads of department and deliver what the client wants
• A cool head to deal with last minute requests and problems
• Meets daily with food production, dining room, bar and banquet personnel to plan menus and related activities, share information and plan for patron reservations and parties.
• Responsible for aiding in the performance of catered functions on several levels:
o Food and Beverage Quality and adherence to all standards and recipes
o Catering Functions
o Facility Maintenance and Cleanliness
• Manages all banquet employees and ensures the smooth, efficient operation of the restaurant and banquet events.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with all preferred vendors and continuing to expand and perfect your preferred vendor list.
• Host weekly BEO (Banquet Event Order) meetings.
• Maintaining a relationship with all booked clients to make them feel comfortable beyond their immediate sales contact.
• Maintaining insurance policies of preferred partners and ensuring all are up-to-date.
• Handles all events from beginning to end. This includes meeting with hosts throughout the process and expediting the event.
• Responsible for being aware of all menu changes, events, etc. that occur throughout the year.
• Oversees all catering schedules to ensure that staffing levels are adequate for each event.
• Ensure that safety and sanitation codes are followed
• Train and guide all catering staff
• We expect our managers to work most major holiday
• Is proficient in Caterease
• Great attention to detail
• 1-2 years catering Banquet Manager Experience required
• Good Communication skills to find out exactly what your client wants and expects
• Personal charm to greet organizers, hosts and CIP's and to show clients you are giving them full attention
• Excellent organizational and administrate skills
Posting ID: 548751222Posted: 2020-02-19