A Yard Hostler-NonCDL is a job responsibility assigned to an Operations Team Member that is in a non-driving position. The Yard Hostler assists in moving and spotting equipment required to facilitate the needs of terminals/warehouses in organizing and processing material for shipment, storage or destruction. The responsibilities include trailer sanitation, moving equipment, and conducting daily inspections and/or is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning.
A Yard Hostler may be assigned to organize vehicles within a Stericycle yard to ensure they are ready for unloading, loading, and transport. The Stericycle yard is described as an enclosed property boundary that surrounds our buildings. A Yard Hostler can only operate a vehicle inside company property.
The Yard Hostler will perform standard Plant Associate job duties as required. Key Job Activities:
• Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery or pick up. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up
• Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage
• Perform all Plant Associate job duties as assigned Education:
Preferred Education: in High School or EquivalentExperience (North America & LATAM):
• HS education or equivalent
• Ability to communicate effectively and understand and follow health and safety directives and performance and conduct standards, policies and procedures that apply to the role and location
• Required Years of Experience: 0-1 years
• Valid Driver's License
• Must be 21 years of age Experience (EMEAA): Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle. Disclaimer:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice. Nearest Major Market:
Find similar jobs:
- Careers Home
- Stericycle Commitment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Corporate Home Page
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information
2019 Stericycle, Inc. All rights reserved.