At the Doubletree by Hilton Tallahassee we pride ourselves on being the best employer in the area. What sets us apart? Our culture, full benefit plans, including 401k with a company match and our lucrative bonus programs, to name a few. We are looking for talented people who have a genuine passion for service. Our Core Values involve personal development, people, and a desire for wanting them to succeed. We believe each member of our team has a key part to play in our delivery of outstanding service and memorable experiences for each guest. We want a hotel that people want to come to, not through. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Doubletree by Hilton Tallahassee can mean for you!
Pyramid Hotel Group is fast growing leader in hotel and resort management and seeks a strong, experienced leader to grow along with our company, and to be a part of the culture that puts its people first.
We have an amazing opportunity to get on board with a world class team as our Controller for our Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tallahassee. One of the newest hotels to join the Pyramid Family, our property boasts 242 guest rooms and suites, over 10,000 square feet of meeting space and 2 outlets!
Working closely with the Sr. Vice President of Finance (SVP of Finance) and the Regional Director of Finance, our Controller will be responsible for the strategic guidance and leadership as it relates to the planning, monitoring and execution of the hotel's financial objectives and for the implementation and oversight of the hotel's internal control systems over cash, income, expense, assets and liabilities in order to maximize financial performance and safeguard the assets of ownership. The Controller will prepare timely and accurate financial reports, including the annual budget, statements of Profit & Loss, certification of balance sheet reconciliations, weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting and will ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and corporate/hotel SOPs.
The Controller will be a part of the Executive Committee. This committee drives the property through leadership and entrepreneur attitudes.
- Bachelor's degree in either Hospitality or accounting/finance/business and a minimum of intermediate accounting experience..
- A minimum of one year Hotel Accounting experience as a Controller in a similar sized property.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage balance sheet activity and reconcile accounts monthly
- Ability to analyze work flow and develop efficiencies
- Cash flow management
- Proficiency in forecasting and budgeting
- Be able to identify, analyze and clearly communicate variances to budget, forecast or prior year in all financial reporting
- Understand how to work with hotel PMS and outlet POS systems.
- Be able to complete internal self-audits annually to confirm compliance with SOP's.
- Ability to implement and maintain a system of internal control and segregation of duties in order to protect the property's assets.
- Hotel experience required