How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Food Service Worker performs a variety of food service functions. Responsible for any of the following: prepare/assembly of meals, assist with dishwashing and utility work, and/or handling register. The major service areas include patient, catering, cafeteria and meals on wheels. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Food Service Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Completes temperature logs and eye wash logs.
- Operates dishmachine properly cleaning and sanitizing patient trays, plates, utensils, etc.
- Washes and sanitizes pots and pans properly in three compartment sink.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing functions: mops floors, cleans equipment, disposes of trash, etc.
- Collects trays after patients have eaten on assigned units being mindful of courtesy, and patient privacy.
- Checks with the patient before taking the tray.
- Follows infection control procedures in patient areas: handwashing; glove use; isolation precautions.
- Delivers patient trays as assigned using proper identification procedures.
- Delivers food trucks to hosts in a timely manner.
- Serves food to customers / patients in the cafeteria, catering or on trayline.
- Practices safe food handling: washing hands and work surfaces; holding food at appropriate temperatures.
- Presents themselves to customers and patients in a clean, professional manner according to dress code.
- Stores receivables in proper locations.
- Avoids exposing potentially hazardous foods to ambient temperatures.
- Restocks supplies in the kitchen and cafeteria: juice, milk, coffee, paper supplies, etc
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Cleaning, sanitation or housekeeping experience strongly preferred.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Good communication and customer service skills required.
- Technical/Equipment: ability to read and write; ability to use laptops and mobile devices
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays when needed.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.