How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealth
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
A Food Service Utility Aide at Raritan Bay Medical Center seeks someone who is flexible to work mornings/evenings for its Perth Amboy Division, a 200 plus bed acute care facility, offering services for a wide variety of health care needs. This position requires a flexible and dependable person to work weekends and holidays. This position will require performing various tasks in the kitchen such as cleaning, ware & pot washing and sanitation so as to maintain the department according to HACCP Standards. Assist in Various areas as needed for the operation of the department. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Kitchen Helper/Utility Worker at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English
- Experience in a healthcare facility a plus
- Customer service skills a must
- Must be be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 35-40 pounds.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.