The Scheduler position is located at Community Heart and Vascular Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana.Job Duties
- Schedule all Surgeries.
- Obtain the necessary authorization prior to surgery.
- Obtain consent forms for surgeries.
- Arrange pre-op testing for patients.
- Complete FMLA paperwork.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Arrange the physicians schedule around their surgeries.
- Work with Physicians on preferences for surgeries and pre-op testing.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Walk each patient through instructions about what must be done prior to surgery, what time they need to arrive, and let them know they will need to set up transportation home.
- Two or more years experience in surgery scheduling required.
- Medical terminology and understanding and comprehension of insurance/healthcare industry.
- ICD9 coding and insurance knowledge/experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED equivalent. Skills
- Team oriented
- Patient friendly
- Takes on new responsibility as needed
- Reliable and self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Organized and very detail-oriented
- Computer and typing skills
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.
Posting ID: 548980369Posted: 2020-02-20