Overview Who We Are
As the nation's largest residential Solar/CleanTech company, Sunrun is on a mission to transform our energy system into the modern and sustainable grid of the future while making clean, renewable energy, accessible to all residential households.
To realize this vision, Sunrun is developing advanced technologies, products and services designed to reinvent the way people power their homes. We are actively hiring world-class talent in our Energy Services product team focused on expanding our platform to connect Sunrun, utilities and the consumer. You'll work alongside other passionate designers, engineers and product managers engaged in the design and development of a product that is making real positive impact on our world.If you are passionate about product development, data driven, execution oriented and motivated by solving for one of the biggest and most critical challenges of our time, then we say bring it on...help us disrupt a 100 year old industry and partake in advancing Sunrun's mission of creating a planet run by the sun.
Position SummaryThe person in this role will join a small but growing team bringing the capabilities of Sunrun's residential solar+storage product to both homeowners and to utilities. You will work on a completely new platform based on state of the art technologies and will be driving technical and architecture decisions that will affect the platform for years to come.
- Establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management to develop applications using Agile. We push code several times a week to production.
- Champion adherence to best practice development methodologies.
- Ensure creation of automated testing as appropriate for a Continuous Delivery (CD) environment.
- Write requirements and design specifications for systems, apis and other development artifacts.
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews and pairing.
- 5+ years programming experience, preferring backend development using Java or Node.js.
- Solid understanding of server side application design patterns.
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining REST API's.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, particularly Dynamo DB and Redis.
- Advocate of Dev-Ops culture: responsibility for app in production as well as development
- Ability to work by objectives and to self-manage.
- Excellent communication skills. Good team player. Feeling of shared ownership of code and other deliverables
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience designing highly available, distributed systems.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud infrastructure experience.
- Familiarity with the Serverless Application Model and/or AWS Lambda.
- Experience with IoT or SCADA.
- Familiarity with renewable energy and the electricity industry.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Posting ID: 548980493Posted: 2020-02-13