As a Business Banking Relationship Manager I, you are the liaison and facilitator of customer relationships within our Business Banking target market. Focusing on clients with annual revenues of $500K-$5MM, you will provide value-added solutions to enhance the customer experience, increase loyalty and improve the profitability of your clients' businesses. Successful Relationship Managers maintain a working knowledge of commercial credit, thrive in a team-oriented sales culture and leverage their existing networks to manage and deepen their portfolios. This role is an opportunity to elevate your reputation in the local market and build your banking career at a quickly-growing financial institution.
- Job type: Full-Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Locally within market
In order to succeed as a Business Banking Relationship Manager I and grow your career within Citizens Bank, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Management
- Addressing Customer's Needs
- Clear communicator 8
- Influential 7
- Inquisitive 6
- Customer focused 10
- Responsible 7
- Relationship builder 9
"When I first joined Citizens Bank Business Banking, I thought it would be a sturdy but transient job. I wasn't expecting the fulfilling and enduring career that followed, complete with internal promotions and a management team that recognizes the success of their colleagues. Years later, I've grown in my role, become more confident in my customer interactions and progressed significantly in my career."
- David, Business Banking Relationship Manager I
"Our Business Banking group is really focused on making things simple for our customers and colleagues. Management is invested in acquiring new technologies, streamlining processes and making our jobs easier. It's really exciting to see that level of commitment from our leaders."
- Michelle, Business Banking Relationship Manager I
"The best part of my job is being able to provide my Business Banking customers with solutions that have a tremendously positive impact on their businesses. When I do that, the relationship begins to grow and develop. I become a trusted advisor to my clients - rather than just a salesperson who is pushing products."
- Jorge, Business Banking Relationship Manager I
"I've been able to grow my whole career with Citizens Bank. I started out as a Teller, was promoted to a Relationship Banker and transitioned into Business Banking as a Small Business Relationship Banker. Now as a Relationship Manager I, I am so grateful for the career development I have been able to achieve with Citizens."
- Melisa, Business Banking Relationship Manager I
Business Banking Colleague Testimonials Learn More
Meet Patrick Learn More
Why work for us?
Every day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
Because our culture is customer-centric, you're encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers secure their financial future. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill-set, unveil your potential and embrace new opportunities.
We are citizens helping citizens. It's why we come to work each day. You'll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
- Career Growth
We offer you a variety of career paths in this role to support your career growth. You'll have options for where you want to take your career.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, you'll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens Bank. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
Responsibilities Req Number
Management, Sales, Business Banking, Business Banking Relationship Manager I, Consumer Banking Full/Part Time
1st Shift Description
Citizens Bank is seeking a motivated, highly successful, proven Relationship Manager with experience in moderately to less complex portfolios, and a strong grasp of sales and credit skills. This senior level performer is expected to be able to have an immediate impact. We reward you with an uncapped incentive opportunity and the ability to grow your career with a world class organization. Responsibilities
- Develop consultative relationships with small business clients in your target market with annual revenues ranging from $500K-$5MM.
- Understand the client needs, provide value added solutions, manage a portfolio of existing customers and drive new commercial customer relationships.
- Partner effectively with an award winning business banking team offering awide array of product solutions that will enable you to enhance the customer experience, increase loyalty and improve the profitability of customer and the Bank
- Complete Business Banking University and Drive Sales training in your initial four week orientation and a commercial credit training program to insure you're prepared to identify, assess and mitigate lending risk.
- Maintain strong market knowledge and develop, retain and expand relationships with Centers of Influence ie. CPA's and Attorneys.
- Actively engage in meaningful community activity to expand potential customer base.
- 2+ years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role or related business lending experience preferred.
- Business to Business sales experience required.
- Motivated self starter with demonstrated leadership ability and potential.
- Successfully operate in a "team" atmosphere building upon and leveraging strong internal and external network.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, demanding sales culture with measured routines and goals aimed at new loan and deposit generation, cross sales, customer service and satisfaction
- Proficiency with portfolio/account management preferred.
- Ability to understand core business products and services. Proven track record of sales and outside calling skills.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop strong customer and colleague relationships.
Hours & Work Schedule
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience,required.
Hours per Week:40
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm
#LI-Sourcer3 Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries. Note:
The application system is not compatible with all operating systems and devices. If you experience technical difficulties, please click on the Help link.