School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
TheAdvancedPractice Provider (APP) provides medical care to adult patients in the clinics of the Duke Division of Rheumatology in collaboration with physician members of the division's Clinical Practice Group.
Prefer experienced APP candidates with rheumatology experience.
The APP will work with the team in order to evaluate and provide ongoing treatment to patients presenting to patients with rheumatological disorders in accordance with established scope of practice as specified in North Carolina Board of Medicine Medical Practice Act NCGS Chapter 90 for Medicine and Allied Occupations.
The Division of Rheumatology provides care to a large number of patients with rheumatological issues. New referrals are generally seen by a physician initially and then often seen back on an alternating basis by an APP for management of their conditions.
Duties may include but are not limited to those listed below.
This position would be 8 half-day clinic sessions located at one of Division of Rheumatology's clinics, preferably Duke Raleigh Campus, Raleigh NC.
Other duties will include virtual health visits and provider to provider e-consultations.
Specific daily activities include:
• Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribing necessary treatment and services for quality patient care; record the normal and abnormal data both for review by the physician and in support of independent practice.
• Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the date in the patient's record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings; obtain psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
• Order and schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity,preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
• Carry out therapeutic procedures such as joint injections and aspirations; monitor progress of patients, report progress to supervising physician, and maintain record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
• Participate in basic science and clinical research projects conducted by supervising physician; prepare statistical reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate
• Recommendations or conclusions. Review the work of clinic nursing staff; train new personnel.
• Participate in teaching students and residents in techniques and procedures which are unique to specific clinical setting.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or PA Program at the Masters or Doctoral Level
• Current NC License with the NC Medical Board
• Current DEA registration
• Credentialing through Duke University Health System
• American Red Cross BLS and ACLS certification
• Adequate CME as outlined by NC Medical Board, Duke Credentialing Office and Certifying Board
• Completion of required Duke modules (safety, HIPAA, etc.)
• Completion of Maestro training Scope of practice includes adults ages 18 and above
Rheumatology, arthritis, Lupus, fibromyalgia
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh