Sunrun is seeking Associate Materials Planner with a desire to build working relationships with key stakeholders by supporting the on time delivery of materials. The individuals in this role will be responsible for the continuous improvement and success in materials and inventory management. The Associate Materials Planner will be primarily responsible for inventory management of materials in the Sunrun Installation and Build Partner channel, as well as ensuring the order management process flows smoothly. The Associate Materials Planner is a critical role in support of installation schedules across all Branches and partners throughout the enterprise.
- Work closely with Material Planners & Lead Material Planner by market to ensure that the right material goes to the right place at the right time
- Work to expedite late and urgent orders based on feedback from internal customers and material planners
- Respond quickly to changes to the upstream material plan to mitigate high expediting costs
- Help investigate the cause of urgent product needs and work to address any process gaps that may be causing expedited shipping
- Ensure that all sales orders received are processed accurately and timely and that all customer requirements are communicated properly to ensure a successful order fulfillment process
- Develop and maintain a strong, professional relationships with the Branch and/or Build Partner teams and help address any order fulfillment questions or concerns
- Serve as the Branch's main point of contact for addressing order, shipment discrepancies as well as freight claims
- Monitor multiple order statuses and take action on orders not progressing through the order fulfillment cycle and be able to follow them through to completion with a strong sense of urgency for the Branches
- Review sales orders and confirm that products are reserved and shipment status is accurately updated
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
2+ years order management, inventory, supply chain or related field preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Excellent phone skills
Brings self-motivated and can-do attitude. Takes the initiative, identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
Acute awareness and ability to manage deadline
Highly organized and process oriented
Highly proficient with applications such as MS Office, G Suite, Chrome, Sales Force, Oracle and an ability to learn new IT systems
Professional, customer focused approach to completing assignments and representing company
Calm and positive manner, ability to handle escalated or upset customers
Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to adjust to different situations and process changes
A team player with ability to maintain focus and good humor whilst working in a fast paced environment with rapidly shifting requirements.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.