The Director of Corporate Applications for Sunrun will be responsible for leading, choosing, deploying, and running technology solutions in a demanding environment. This position will work with the VP Enterprise Applications. The team is highly multi-functional and collaborates with engineering, technical program/project managers to create and scale critical tools and systems. You are a multifaceted, seasoned manager with experience leading and developing large technical teams. You are passionate about delivering extraordinary tools and services that enable various Sunrun business functions. You will also have direct leadership responsibilities on projects and as such must have demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion in a highly matrixed environment.
- Partner with business teams and tech leads to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support high quality, scalable, cost-effective technology solutions for Sunrun.
- Advocate for your teams across all groups and organization levels.
- With program management and leadership, drive quarterly planning for Corporate Applications across supported areas including: platform roadmaps, scoping, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Execute and deliver on Internal Tools vision, charter, and roadmap including defining and building platform and solutions architecture as a function.
- Review and analyze existing platforms, tools, and services for efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability, then develop strategies for continuous system improvements.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. Will have people management responsibilities for a medium sized team.
- Develop senior technical leaders and project managers within the team to help the organization scale.
- Voice support for and drive alignment to application design and development standard methodologies within the organization (solutions reviews, code reviews, quality assurance processes, etc.,).
- Provide mentorship and direction and act as a Point of Contact for architecture, data model, and solution design decisions.
- Be a phenomenal partner and cost for larger strategic vendors and partners.
- Own application budgeting, purchasing, approval, and management to support operations.
- Recruit, hire, and grow a high performing business applications team with a strong culture of balancing operational excellence with moving fast.
- Set goals, lead staff to achieve results and be accountable for team performance.
- Experience in a senior management role supervising managers and leading technical teams
- 6-10+ years experience building tools and leading SaaS applications at scale
- 4+ years experience with application administration, development, and support
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis, and lead teams to demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- Passionate about cloud-based platforms, ML and AI and hands-on experience leading large-scale application deployments
- Experience at a growth-stage technology company or other fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with agile project management methodologies and practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology and 7-10 years of other related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Posting ID: 548980521Posted: 2020-02-13