The Home Mortgage Senior Marketing Partner will be responsible for:
- Develop, deliver and maintain mortgage loan officer sales support programs and services, including but not limited to loan officer websites, email marketing and print-on-demand platforms. Manage internal resources as well as vendors in the development and maintenance of programs and services. Create policies and procedures, user guides and other documentation and communication to support programs and services. Provide training and/or training support for loan officers.
- Research, write, edit and proof marketing communications, including but not limited to flyers, brochures, handouts, presentations, individual profiles, and direct marketing materials. Write creative briefs for designers and project teams. Work with external vendors to create editorial calendar for e-newsletters.
- Manage production of sales support marketing collateral through outside vendors and/or marketing partners. Ensure that all marketing collateral is up to date with product, brand and compliance changes. Coordinate product, brand, regulatory and legal reviews for all marketing collateral, programs and services. Maintain documentation for audit.
- Serve as the mortgage product expert and business line voice for input and feedback to corporate marketing partners who create consumer-facing marketing communications, or mortgage-related programs for other business lines. Coordinate reviews and gather input from other business line subject matter experts as needed.
- Work with sales management, loan officers and partners to increase awareness and utilization of sales support programs, services and collateral.Communicate regularly with sales team members as a group and individually to deliver and promote the use of all marketing collateral and sales support programs and services.
- Research mortgage loan officer sales and marketing needs to identify programs and services that enable the division to recruit, retain and support high performing loan officers in achieving their sales goal
- Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience preferably within a financial services or mortgage sales environment.
- Must be able to provide examples of copy writing skills.
- Product marketing and project management experience a plus.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Required software skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Preferred software skills include Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Google Analytics.
Why Work for Us
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, or Communications, or Business Administration or related course work
- Preferred:MBA or related Master's Degree
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Posting ID: 548980540Posted: 2020-02-13