Join our community
Community Health Network was created by our neighbors, for our neighbors. Over 60 years later, "community" is still the heart of our organization.
It means providing our neighbors with the best care possible, backed by state-of-the-art technology.
It means getting involved in the communities we serve through volunteer opportunities and benefit initiatives.
It means ensuring our dedicated caregivers can learn and grow to stay at the top of their fields, and to better serve our patients.
And above all, it means exceptional care, simply delivered - and we couldn't do it without you.Job Duties
Primary front line Manager and contact for personnel and other activities in the Maintenance Department.
The Facilities Manager:
- Has a strong history and understanding of Environment of Care plans and working successfully with outside regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a leader to implement an emergency plan of action to address critical equipment or system failures.
- Is responsible for the shop, house, physical plant, as well as construction/renovation activities.
- Has strong project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects and activities as well as coordination of contractor and vendor activities are required.
- Oversees department operations, revising procedures and personnel demands, to meet the expectations of the department customers.
- Ensures the coordination of labor and materials to provide the repair, preventive maintenance, and project work is completed expeditiously and in a cost effective manner.
Five (5) years of verifiable hospital maintenance experience
Bachelor's degree preferredEngineering or engineering technology degree strongly preferredYour Skills
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance techniques applicable to plant equipment
- Knowledge of regulations, codes, and standards affecting health care: JCAHO, National-Fire Protection Association, Board of Health, etc.
- Ability to apply engineering and management principles to solve facility, equipment, and personnel problems
- Knowledge of hospital power plant and hospital systems
- Knowledge of carpentry methods and techniques
- Knowledge of construction methods and interior finishing techniques: wall structure, painting, wall vinyl, floor tile, ceiling tile, carpentry, etc.
- Knowledge of special equipment systems: Fire alarm, nurse call, closed circuit television, paging, etc.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and functions of the Maintenance Departments and the hospital
- Knowledge of management principles involved in the supervision, motivation, and direction of subordinates
- Ability to establish and follow budgets for manpower and materials
- Ability to analyze, modify, and implement organization changes as needed to meet department goals and objectives
- Ability to collect and analyze data involving many variables to make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Ability to motivate, train and instruct personnel in related engineering
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, technical documents, codes, regulations and standards
- Ability to search out resources of manpower and information necessary to solve problems
Community Health Network embraces a servant leadership philosophy by putting the needs of patients, employees, and the community above their own. We strongly believe to provide exceptional healthcare services we need exceptional leaders. A Community leader humbly puts the needs of others first and provides focus and direction to those they have the privilege of leading. They demonstrate compassion in all interactions and are deeply invested in the growth and development of others.
Posting ID: 548980548Posted: 2020-02-13