Lead system administrator providing oversight and hands-on support of installation, customization, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure systems, software and / or hardware in support of business operations. Provides technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations. Provides support to address the availability and reliability of IT infrastructure systems within the organization.
Operational responsibilities include remediation of system issues, system compliance responsibilities, system run enhancement testing and staging, policy / procedure enhancements and adherence, customer contact coordination and strategy recommendations.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems and experienced understanding of supporting a multi-office network
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth
- Manages user accounts and assets, and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy
- Provides support with escalated Service Desk requests
- Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments
- Mentors team members and educates users
- Maintain Windows and Linux Server environments consisting of installing, supporting, patching, and troubleshooting the various deployments in both a virtual and non-virtual environment
- Manage Active Directory, Group Policy Management, and DFS Management
- Ensure the VEEAM backup solution is functioning at a high level and provide feedback on potential risks
- Lead responsible for the ongoing operation and stability of the IAM (Identity & Access Management) platform and services, ensuring high availability, reliability, security and integrity of handled data, and integration with client applications and systems
- Senior technical authority for deployed IAM services, in particular Single-Sign-On and Multifactor authentication
- Subject Matter Expert in all areas of systems administration (i.e. software. hardware, virtualization, storage and collaboration)
- Installs, tests, tunes, maintains, designs and documents supporting systems, utility programs, monitoring tools, etc.
- Recommends and implements modifications to the environment, including troubleshooting and replacement of faulty system hardware / software
- Provides level 2 and 3 support by troubleshooting systems and host environments
- Presents status reports and incident trends to the management team
- Applies a high level of technical skill and expertise to complex systems and technical problems of considerable difficulty and importance
- Leads and manages vendor interface for system support issues and escalations
- Applies strong knowledge of processes and tools utilized for system management, problem reporting, change management and support tools
- Works with internal and external technical and non-technical customers to resolve design and implementation issues
- Provides problem solving and technical assistance
- Responds to telephone, electronic mail, voice mail, verbal and written service requests to provide assistance
- Assists with the management and configuration of application services
- Performs general maintenance and audits on applications servers, both on-prem and in the cloud
- Stays current with technological developments in application administration technology and recommends ways for Sunrun to take advantage of new technology
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 8 years in a Systems Administrator role
- 3 years experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, and Google
- 3+ years in VMware VSphere design and management
- Experienced troubleshooting skills, project execution, installation, migration, configuration and troubleshooting including but not limited to: Windows Server, DNS, DHCP, file sharing, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Solid Understanding of network topology and troubleshooting services (DHCP/ DNS/ TCP/ IP)
- Good technical expertise / experience in IAM solutions (over major IAM vendors such as Ping Identity, ADFS, Okta, etc.), Single-Sign-On, directories, web services, authentication mechanisms, role management, etc.
- Thorough understanding of technical data architectures
- Strong ability in troubleshooting complex issues and understanding of network architecture
- Knowledge of: Best in class applications such as ServiceNow, Okta, Google Apps Ecosystem, etc.
- Server+, Linux+, Security+, Network+, VMware Certified Associate or ITIL Foundations certification a plus
- Be able to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate office equipment and determine accuracy of the work assigned
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.