PDC: The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice of Duke Health. The PDC's providers and staff work as a team to provide excellent patient care in more than 120 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians, clinicians and employees, and retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect. To learn more, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-k
Greensboro Peds Cardiology
This position provides routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a health system and medical practice. Position assists medical providers in the examination and treatment of patients in a clinical setting. Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
Clinic Duties may include but not limited to the following:
• Assist medical and nursing staff with a variety of tasks including:
• Taking medical histories, recording vital signs, medication history.
• Administer medications and vaccines as ordered
• Explaining treatment procedures to patients
• Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
• Assisting physicians during the examination and procedures
• Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
• Perform basic point of care laboratory tests on the premises
• Dispose of contaminated supplies
• Draw blood
• Perform 12-lead EKGs
• Apply cardiac heart monitors
• Tracking labs, tests, referrals and follow-up as needed
• Change sterile and non-sterile dressings
• Perform clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician
• Accurately complete daily, weekly, monthly clinic audits as needed
• Participates in clinic performance improvement projects
• Prepare, gather clinic notes, and obtain consent forms and instructions, as per medical provider request
• Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock and reordered when needed
• Adhere to professional standard, policies, procedures of JACHO
• Assist with medication refills as directed by physician
• Handle correspondences
Administrative duties may include but not limited to the following:
• Answer phones
• Greet patients/families
• Schedule appointments
• Patient appointment reminder calls
• Complete patient registration/check-in process
• Update and scan patient medical records into the electronic medical records
• Tracking of patient referrals
• Ordering of supplies, reconciliation, stocking clinic
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to multitask
• Good organizational skills
• Heavy lifting and the ability to transport stretcher and wheelchair patients as required.
• Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
• Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in clinic setting.
• Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
• Age specific competencies.
• Daily clinic preparation process; registration and scheduling.
• Ability to document and communicate pertinent information
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients and clinic staff.
HS or GED graduation required
Graduated from accredited Medical Assistance program
1 year of working experience as a certified or registered medical assistant in pediatricsstrongly preferred
Level I -- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCCT or ARMA required. BLS required.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.
Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting. Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting. General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Level I -- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required. BLS required.
Level II -- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required. BLS required.
Level III -- Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA-CCMA, NCMA or ARMA required. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro