DescriptionWe're developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The Home Mortgage Leadership Development Program (HMLDP) is a critical program within the Consumer Bank for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you'll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a journey to help customers reach their potential. This deep level of customer centricity feeds every aspect of our business from developing strategies, how we market our brand, development of products, to the advancement of our channel capabilities (Retail/Digital, Correspondent, and Wholesale). This is an exciting time to join Home Mortgage as we build upon our success in the secondary market while also providing consumers with the simplest and most personal experience during what will be one of their most meaningful life events.
Experience during the program
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2020
In this one year program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of Home Mortgage and a broad view of the larger Consumer Banking division. You'll rotate through various businesses within Home Mortgage which may include: Retail, Wholesale, Correspondent, Servicing, and Capital Markets, etc. The program is primarily based in Irving, TX with some travel to alternate sites possible (TN, VA, PA, MA, RI). During your business rotations, you could work on:
- Examining competitors and identifying points of opportunities and differentiation for Citizens
- Developing a center of excellence on the housing market and economy and translating current events into business impact and actions needed to capitalize on an opportunity or mitigate business risk
- Analyzing data and gleaning insights to include in a CEO deep dive or Board of Directors presentation
- Collaborating with FinTech partners to further enhance the mortgage buying experience
- Developing/Refining go-to-market strategies for each of our mortgage businesses
- Evaluating factors in sales force productivity and making recommendations to senior leaders on ways to improve
- Identifying ways to simplify the customer experience in Servicing and drive adoption of our mobile app
As an Associate in this program, you'll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) - a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a strong foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you'll experience:
- 2-day Orientation in downtown Boston with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Professional development days
- Customer and client site visits
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you'll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Near the end of the program, you'll participate in a matching process and be placed in a full-time role within Home Mortgage. QualificationsWho we're looking for
We're looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you'll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you'll need to apply
Background qualifications include:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- All majors will be considered; coursework in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, and Marketing are beneficial
- Expected graduation date of May 2020
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required (3.50+ preferred)
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.