Citizens Commercial Banking is growing the future leaders of our organization. We host summer interns each year, who are interested in a career in commercial banking. The Commercial Summer Internship Program is designed to give interns a look at Citizens Bank's culture through project-based assignments, learning curriculum, networking, volunteer opportunities and formal mentorship. It is a 10-week exposure into one of many commercial banking business lines throughout the footprint. We encourage students from all majors, who have an interest in exploring a career in commercial banking to apply. Our internships will run from May 26 - August 1, 2020. At the conclusion of the program, high performers will get early consideration into the Commercial Banker Development Program (CBDP). To learn more about the CBDP visit https://jobs.citizensbank.com/commercial-banking-dev-program. Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to hiring diversity and embracing inclusion within our Commercial Summer Internship Program; which is an entry point into our Commercial Banker Development Program. This opportunity is open to all current juniors, who self-identify as diverse candidates. Citizens Bank was recently voted by Forbes Magazine as one of "The Best Employers for New Grads".
Corporate Banking provides banking services to clients in a broad range of industries. Services focus on providing credit, treasury management and derivative services to clients. Mid Corporate Banking (clients are companies with annual revenues over $500mm). Internship opportunities are available across our footprint and business lines:Job Responsibilities:
The summer intern will work as part of a commercial client coverage deal team. The position will support Portfolio Managers (PM), Credit Analysts (CA), and Relationship Managers (RMs) in new loan transaction underwriting, loan monitoring, and business development activities:
- Monitor for the receipt and accuracy of client reporting including financial statements, covenant compliance certificates, and collateral requirements.
- Assist in credit analysis, preparation of deal screening memos, new credit approval requests, loan closings, and annual reviews of existing client relationships. This includes learning / preparing financial models, written financial analysis, conducting industry research and preparing written summaries of industry issues, risks, opportunities, and the competitive environment, communicating questions or observations, and utilizing internal risk and return models and loan systems.
- Performs market analysis and assist in the development of commercial client prospect lists as needed. Works with the Relationship Managers to assist in preparation of client presentations.
- Participate in Team Meetings, Capital Markets calls and broader Commercial Banking calls.
- Participate in deal screen presentations and credit approval meetings.
- Work as part of the deal team on a deal screen or new transaction.
- Participate in client meetings or conference calls.
- Network within the commercial bank and ask questions about specific roles.
- Complete other tasks and special projects as required.
Application Instructions - Please read carefully
- Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
- All majors considered, Finance desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer or sports
- Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and Detail-oriented
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under tight deadlines
- Software skills: Solid MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Combine your resume (with your overall GPA included) and your mandatory cover letter into a single PDF document before attaching it to your application. Your cover letter must include the following:
- Why are you interested in Citizens Bank?
- Why do you want an internship in Commercial Banking?
- What skills and character attributes you think you bring to the program?
Why Work for Us
- Please note: The application deadline is February 20, 2020.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S. to be eligible for the program.
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.