The Home Mortgage Senior Product Marketing Partner is responsible for:
- Provide marketing support loan officer sales colleagues including but not limited to marketing collateral development such as product flyers, direct mail marketing copy, firm understanding and experience with email marketing, direct mail, CRM programs, etc. Assist with creating content for marketing collateral, email, direct mail, and the web. Review and edit existing content to ensure messaging is on point and support mortgage sales initiatives.
- Manage and administer on internal Reward/Recognition program. Plans, develops, implements and communicates program guidelines, outcomes and coordination of monthly awards. Reports successes to senior leaders on a regular basis.
- Provide support for internal and external event planning and execution. Work with Sales Support Manager, Corporate Events management, and other partners to coordinate and execute event details (attendee lists, communications, vendor management, presentation development etc.). Some limited travel may be required.
- Manage print and digital advertising requests from loan officers. Facilitate fulfillment of advertising requests through corporate marketing creative services team. Coordinate delivery to external publications/website managers. Flag non-standard advertising requests and work with Sales Support Manager to determine best solution, if available, for fulfilment; work with internal and external partners to execute as necessary.
- Produce creative and visually interesting PowerPoint and Prezi presentations for external and internal meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in mass communications, marketing or other similar field
- 3-5years' experience in marketing, preferably in financial services or real estate industry
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C marketing campaigns- with ability to write for consumer or business partners and understand the nuances of each.
- Solid understanding of core marketing fundamentals and tactics, including writing creative briefs
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, prioritize critical deadlines for both individual and team goals, manage multiple demands and changing priorities in a timely fashion
- Proficiency as a writer and editor; excellent reading comprehension skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Event/sales conference/trade show experience- excellent project management skills
- Positive customer-service attitude; enjoys working with sales colleagues to support their marketing needs
Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat ProfessionaAdobe Creative applications (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Prezi experience preferredHours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Posting ID: 548980595Posted: 2020-02-13