The System Support Engineer performs a critical role in delivery of the support and lifecycle management for Citizens Bank's Active Directory and Collaboration Platforms. This role within the Colleague Technology Services department offers the opportunity to be part of the evolution of end user collaboration and productivity technology across the enterprise.
The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills with an operations and customer comes first mindset. Support of Microsoft and Cisco collaboration products are required.Technology Scope of Position
- Our technology domain includes end user compute, collaboration & productivity and directory services. The focus of this role is collaboration and productivity services such as email messaging, MS Office/365, SharePoint and Cisco Collaboration.
- Products and protocols include Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Active Directory, SharePoint/Online/2013, Exchange 2010/Online, Cisco Jabber & Teams and Cisco WebEx.
- Routine and structured health check validation and reporting of supported platforms.
- Maintain currency in end user market trends and participate in industry workgroups as needed. This includes the deployment of hotfixes, rollups and cryptography updates across all regions (development, quality assurance and production).
- Capacity and Performance Monitoring.
- Disaster Recovery planning, testing and validation.
- Troubleshoot complex application issues within the end user environment, owning the 2nd level support function for issue escalation.
- Develop tools and processes for information gathering and configuration changes within the environment.
- Ability to occasionally work or be assigned work during nights/weekends during critical incidents or major project implementations.
- Have the flexibility to be included in rotation of a 24x7 on call coverage schedule.
- Provide input and/or direct teammates handling critical incidents, outages and root cause analysis.
Position is based in East Providence with Flex work as an option.Qualifications
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in at least 2 areas of the role's technology focus including monitoring, alerting, management, integration & migration, backup & disaster recovery, in a large, geographically distributed organization with multiple data centers and which are operated by 3rd party managed services partners (Cisco & Microsoft).
- In depth knowledge and application of Microsoft products and industry best practices and security principles for electronic messaging, integrated collaboration, and productivity software. Scripting abilities (PowerShell, VB) a plus.
- Broad knowledge of the end user technology domain including compute, collaboration and productivity.
- Ability to create high-quality engineering and operational runbooks and procedural documentation.
- Dedication to improving knowledge of the technology domain throughout the organization.
- Experience operating in a regulated environment, healthcare, banking etc. is a plus.
- Strong ability to identify issues in the environment and can efficiently communicate the issues with colleagues and management.
- Process oriented and can document work processes and workflows.
- Able to succeed and integrate into a fast paced environment in a highly collaborative manner, self-motivated and requiring ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinker is required, ability to research and collaborate effectively.
- Able to speak and write English at a professional and technically proficient level including understanding of good documentation practices.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work accordingly.
Hours and Work Schedule
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
#LI-KP2 Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Posting ID: 548980612Posted: 2020-02-13