PDC: The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) is the world-class, multi-specialty physician practice of Duke Health. The PDC's providers and staff work as a team to provide excellent patient care in more than 120 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout North Carolina. The PDC recruits the top physicians, clinicians and employees, and retains them by offering competitive salaries and benefits and a supportive work environment where passion and purpose connect. To learn more, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Mq59-No-k
Brier Creek - Rheumatology
Provide clinical care and provider support for the Division of Rheumatology in a busy and fast-paced outpatient setting.
1. Perform intake of patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
2. Administer or setup for providers medication for patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
3. Patient Education
4. Setup for therapeutic injections for provider
5. Clean, Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen
6. Float in practice to other specialties to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, charge nurse or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
7. Triage assigned provider's Epic Inbasket including prescription refills, patient advice requests and other administrative type needs in conjunction with triage nurses and providers.
8. Participates in performance improvement projects
9. Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
10. Other duties as delegated by health center administrator, nurse manager, provider, charge nurse or other as delegated
11. Assist staff RN with delegation and provide guidance to medical assistants as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to self-direct
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff/providers
• Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
• Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
• One year experience as an LPN strongly preferred
• Previous experience in Gastroenterology, Ambulatory Specialty Care, Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting preferred
Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure required.
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
No experience required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure is required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Posting ID: 548980622Posted: 2020-02-13