Located on the east side of Indianapolis, Indiana
Being part of the Community Health Network is not only about taking care of people; it is about working together toward a common goal - exceptional care, simply delivered.
As aMedical Assistant - Scheduler
, you are the smiling face on the phone whoschedules appointments, and the one who makes things happen behind the scenes with prep work, documentation, and more. With over 200 sites of care, there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things, and our tuition reimbursement program is available to help you pursue higher education if that is your goal. Whatever you choose, you will find in Community a place to earn a living, grow, and gain skills that will last a lifetime. A Day in the life:
What you will need:
- Schedule all appointments
- Patient check in, checkout, collectcopay and other payments
- Obtain the necessary authorization prior to appointments
- Assist with completion ofFMLA and otherpaperwork.
- Assist with arranging meetings for physicians.
- Assist other areas of the office as needed.
- Clinical duties such asobtaining vitals,rooming the patient, and collecting urine specimens
- Document patient information in EPIC electronic medical record system
- Triage calls
- Cross train with peers in the practice
- Diploma from ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant training program; or a diploma from a non-accredited Medical Assistant program + 5 years of experience; or a high school diploma + 7 years of experience
- Medical Assistant Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Two years of scheduling experience preferred
- A commitment to Community Health Network's PRIIDE values
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Communication skills necessary to maintain positive relationships with patients, providers, and staff
If unsure whether your MA program is accredited, please use the following link to ABHES or CAAHEP to verify.http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs
Posting ID: 548980692Posted: 2020-02-13