The Clinical Research Coordinator will be located at Community South Cancer Center.Duties
Responsible for independently running and operating multiple clinical research protocols in conjunction with the Principal Investigator.
Experience- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Independently coordinates, implements and completes clinical research studies in accordance with protocol guidelines, GCP, ICH, local, state and federal standards
- Identifies and screens appropriate candidates for eligibility for research studies
- Obtains informed consent from eligible patients for a research study.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Investigators, Research Team, Hospital Staff, Monitor, and other sponsor representatives to ensure adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Effectively problem solves and informs Manager and Principle Investigator when appropriate.
- Maintains an effective data management system to track study participants and activities
- Collects data and completes case report forms and data queries as specified by the study protocol
- Monitors adherence to protocols, and reports violations in a timely manner to the sponsor and the IRB
- Assists in determining facility, staff and supply needs required for set-up and implementation of a new study
- Performs phlebotomy, ECG and other testing, as needed after trained
- Prepares and processes laboratory specimens for shipment according to study lab manual
- Completion of a bachelor's or associate degree from an accredited nursing program (RN) plus a minimum of two (2) years healthcare, clinical and/or research experience
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of three (3) years healthcare, clinical and/or research experience
- Completion of an allied health degree (e.g., Medical Assistant, Respiratory Therapy, Radiologic Technology, Licensed Practical Nurse) or associates degree in Clinical Trials Research related curriculum plus a minimum of five (5) years healthcare, clinical and/or research experience
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the patient care process
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital standards, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills to a varied audience
- Demonstrates ability to interact with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Demonstrates computer competencies in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and EMR
*Clinical Research Certification is required once eligible and must be obtained three (3) years after hire.
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.
Posting ID: 548980751Posted: 2020-02-20