Patient Account Representative
Full-time, day shift position in Indianapolis, Indiana
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our application development team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
• The Patient Account Representative is responsible for checking in patients for appointments, collecting patient payments, answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling appointments, and checking insurance eligibility
• This position will also verifying insurance, review payment options, review financial and insurance information, determining financial eligibility, obtaining pre-certification requirements and completing registrations as needed.
• Supports office administrative duties as needed
• This position utilizes our electronic medical record system to verify and update patient demographic information, as well as, posting and balancing of payments collected
Your exceptional skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
• Strong listening and communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player
• Written communication skills necessary for appropriate and accurate documentation
• Demonstrates an ability to use good judgment for maintaining confidentiality
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Intranet and Internet usage, Excel, Word, email, and web based applications
Your exceptional qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
• Two (2) years or more experience in a health care office setting
• Experience with electronic medical records preferred
• Strong customer service experience preferred
Your life with CommunityYou work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Posting ID: 548980775Posted: 2020-02-20