The Exercise Specialist role will work at Heart and Vascular at Community Hospital South. Duties
- Provides direct care to cardiac rehabilitation patients for restoring functional capacity by assuring safe and appropriate instruction in monitored exercise.
- Provides instructional activities targeting cardiac risk factor reduction and healthy lifestyle promotion
- Facilitates psychological adjustment to lifestyle changes.
- Periodically reviews progress of each participant and adjusts the plan of care accordingly.
Six (6) months in Cardiac Rehab FacilityEducation
Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science and Wellness or Kinesiology (may accepted other degrees; curriculum depended) License
No specific licensure required. Nationally recognized certification preferred.Skills
- Knowledge of cardiovascular pathophysiology and risk factors
- Knowledge of the role of lifestyle modification in lowering cardiovascular risk factors
- Ability to physically facilitate and support patients participating in the rehab program in performance of exercise through demonstration as needed
- Exemplary interpersonal, relationship, and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong priority setting skills
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them - in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values - Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence - our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.
Posting ID: 548980778Posted: 2020-02-13