DescriptionWe're developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank
The purpose of this Procurement Sourcing Intern role is to assist in the management of the contracting and sourcing processes. As an individual contributor and member of the Sourcing team for the summer, you will be supporting the achievement of identified team objectives and will gain an understanding of the discrete parts in the sourcing life cycle. Under guidance, you will lead small projects and respond to purchasing requirements as directed and may also be involved in supporting commercial purchasing for certain contracts. Key facets of this role include the need for strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
As an Intern on the team you will be an active participant in daily execution of team initiatives.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring business wide understanding of Procurement principles; introductory knowledge of the purchasing/procurement
- Delivering project requirements in the context of purchasing principles on time
- Developing and maintaining effective relations with sourcing colleagues and some internal business partners, in order to determine customer needs
- Assist sourcing colleagues in the collection of industry data as well as completing commodity spend analysis to complete commodity strategies.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Industry/market research skills a must
- Data analysis skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must
- Excellent MS Word experience required
- Must possess strong work ethic, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Knowledge of basicfinancial analysis(P&Ls, Balance Sheets)
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to follow up, and see a project or task through to completion
- Intellectual Curiosity
Why Work for Us
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related analytical degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2021
- Minimum GPA 3.0
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.