The Property Strategy and Leasing team is responsible for developing the corporate real estate strategy for the bank, by evaluating the business and financial impacts of each option. This includes complex financial modeling, as well as close integration with our counterparts within the company to effectively evaluate their needs. The team is also responsible for conducting all interactions with landlords and tenants at our approximately 1,500 locations and payment of all rents, taxes, and utilities.
The Space Planning & Design team is responsible for managing the space allocations and seat assignments for all of our locations and employees, and for effectively designing and managing the creation of the interiors of our new locations. This team works closely with the rest of the property organization as well as each business unit within the bank to address their needs.
This internship will support both of these groups, and the responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with financial modeling of various scenarios, including impacts to the P&L and Balance Sheet arising from cost variations and impacts to Net Book Value.
- Due diligence on scenarios including examination of lease documents and proposals received from prospective landlords and tenants.
- Survey of space use and design to determine if it is effectively serving the needs of the business. This will include data gathering and manipulation and analysis of that data and existing data.
- Close integration with the corporate finance team
- Assisting with the internal and external reporting and overhaul of that reporting
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- All majors will be considered; Finance, Accounting, Economics or other analytical majors preferred
- Expected graduation date of May 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required
- Must possess strong work ethic, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Excel
- Basic financial analysis skills(P&Ls, Balance Sheets)
- Ability to follow up, and see a project or task through to completion
- Intellectual Curiosity
*The Property team will work with the candidate to explore areas of interestwith them and provide them as much exposure as they would like to various other areas of the bank through job shadowing and other opportunities. Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.