Citizens Bank is seeking high impact Senior Software Engineers to join our Citizens Bank Platform team and be part of our technology and digital transformation journey.
As an Engineer on the Citizens Bank platform you will support digital transformation at Citizens Bank by building a platform for use by our development teams. Your goal will be to establish a set of shared capabilities to accelerate new application development delivering to production environments securely and at scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will also be asked to mentor junior Engineers and take ownership of the design, delivery, and support of complex projects and features. The ideal candidate for this position loves puzzles, is a great communicator, is open to collaborate, and is resilient in the face of challenging situations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, modify, and develop a modern, enterprise-grade cloud native platform as a service with a suite of supporting applications and systems
- Help mentor and develop junior members of the team
- Participate in an environment rapidly adopting Agile and DevSecOps practices, adhering to leading practices and collaborating effectively with other technology teams
- Infuse quality of service characteristics, such as security, scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Participate in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Possess a solution-oriented mindset and understand the difference between fighting fires and preventing fires
- Professional experience with platform frameworks such as Red Hat Openshift or Pivotal Application Service
- Professional experience with containerization tools and technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Professional experience with CI/CD Tools (e.g. Jenkins, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Professional experience with Atlassian Tools like Confluence, Jira, and BitBucket
- Professional experience with scripting, automation, and/or systems administration
- English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical and architectural issues
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
- Professional experience with one of the infrastructure/platform as-a-service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Professional experience building tools and platforms for developer communities
- Experience with IaaS tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, and Ansible
Education, Certification and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Hours & Work Schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.