The Investigator I will support the ongoing success of the Investigations function by providing an independent and objective investigations service throughout the organization.
This individual will participate in a variety of investigations and support investigations across the bank.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting investigations in all areas of the bank in a timely, professional and accurate manner
- Prioritizing workload in order that investigations are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner while administering appropriate application of banking law
- Conducting expedient tracing, freezing and recovery of funds
- Recommending improvements in systems, controls and financial fraud prevention
- Assisting in leading the delivery of expert investigative services and specialist advice on Investigations
- Providing coherent and informed in person and/or telephone guidance to business line stakeholders and customers
- Drafting quality investigations reporting as appropriate - summarizing the investigation, details, interviews, key findings and recommendations to be made
- Building relationships with key contacts inside the bank to maximize effectiveness of the role and externally with industry peers and law enforcement
- One or more years of current investigations experience in banking, financial services or retail preferred
- An awareness of legal, statutory and regulatory environments, especially as they relate to investigations, within banking institutions.
- Experience of or an affinity to interviewing internal and external parties
- Strong Computer and software skills, use of databases, spreadsheets and familiarity with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Clear communication skills (verbal/written)
- Understanding of banking policies and procedures in relation to staff gross misconduct, systems and operational procedures, regulation and compliance, corporate governance preferred
- Working knowledge of investigative or research capabilities, search engines, open source intelligence
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Hours & Work Schedule
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Certified Fraud Examiner certification preferred
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.