The Convenience and Fuels Group Relationship Manager is the central contact person for retail petroleum sector based clients; he/she quarterbacks the delivery and maintenance of a wide array of diverse bank products and services through cross-sell partners and acts as a trusted advisor to the client. The trusted advisor role revolves around relationship building, idea generation, strategic business discussions, risk management, credit structuring, industry observations, and other matters of elevated importance.
This role can be located in Boston, New York or anywhere within the North East US. Responsibilities:
- Use your industry expertise to establish and maintain strong relationships with multi-unit operators across the US, both in and out of CFG footprint. Proactively bring outstanding ideas and solutions to clients and prospects.
- Perform necessary activities associated with the generation and assessment of new loans, including risk assessment, return on investment, credit terms, coordinating due diligence efforts, and marketing.
- Respond knowledgeably and effectively to senior management, credit, and/or portfolio management questions on credit proposals.
- Read, interpret, and understand financial statements to identify credit strengths/ issues and apply strategic thinking for a diverse set of clients.
- Develop an effective, collaborative relationship with Portfolio Management team to service the needs of a high volume lending business.
- Maintain accurate and timely recording of pipeline and sales calls
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Minimum of five years of relevant industry experience, ideally in the convenience retail finance market.
- Exhibit a history of competency and success in soliciting, selling, developing, servicing, and structuring a wide range of secured and unsecured commercial financings, including complex transactions.
- Highly developedcommunication skills to manage difficult and sensitive client relationships to reduce risk to the bank.
- Capable of managing a high volume of diverse client relationships to win business while exceeding client expectations.
- Self-starter with strong sales skills and excellent credit skills.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to appropriately structure credit in a modeling environment.
- Need to independently assess business risk, taking into consideration capital structures and industry nuances, as applicable.
- Capable of actively planning, organizing and managing a deal team, consisting of applicable product partners, to determine value-added approaches to clients and potential clients.
- Bachelor's degree is required
#LI-Sourcer4 Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.