The facilitation role is responsible for the delivery of training that provides increased levels of performance throughout the Citizens Bank footprint.
This role is predominantly content delivery - the candidate will be responsible for the effective delivery of course materials to new hires of retail branch colleagues of Citizens Bank.
Upon hire, the role is 90% conducting classroom training; 10% class preparation and special projects. Over the course of the next 12-24 months, we anticipate the transition of the role to 25% virtual facilitation, 10% class preparation/special projects, and 65% classroom facilitation.
In addition, the facilitator will partner with business lines to assess post-training development needs for colleagues and provide feedback to the Training Manager on market information, class observations, and colleague feedback. This also includes providing consistent and timely feedback to the Training Manager on classroom and facilities conditions.
The colleague will serve as a knowledgeable and impactful leader in the market for training, and also be responsible for the delivery of up-to-date course content and performance trends. The role acts as an ambassador of the Development team, sharing resource information, answering questions, and fostering a learning culture throughout the organization by encouraging and promoting development activities. Through twice a year branch visits, observation and interaction, the role maintains a strong knowledge and understanding of the branch behaviors and skills that drive business results.
The role requires the ability to travel up to 70% of the year.
Why Work for Us
- Facilitate training curriculum, utilizing innovative methods and techniques
- Stays up to date on trends in facilitation and corporate training
- Lead engaging and impactful virtual training sessions via WebEx
- Understand and modify training style to fit the needs of participants
- Apply knowledge of adult learning and theory in delivery of courses
- Provide coaching/feedback to colleagues in an effort to solidify classroom learning
- Able to have effective and professional coaching conversations with challenging and disruptive participants, and also escalate to management as needed
- Possess the ability to identify learning challenges in participants and adapt accordingly
- Prepare, organize, and manage the training environment to create a learning culture
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for the company, training courses, material delivery, and learning achievements of the participants
- Demonstrate strong communication/presentation skillsClass Preparation:
- Track and report attendance and course completion using the automated records management system
- Schedule and communicate trainings efficiently using Microsoft Office applications
- Personally responsible for updating and enhancing professional knowledge and skills through alternative delivery methods
- Provide Manager with assessments of participants, as appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to establish professional relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Make twice a year client (i.e., branch) visits to identify effectiveness of training in the work environment; make recommendations for additional colleague self-development or training activities to promote skill development
- Participate in business related meetings, as requested
- All other related duties/projects as assigned by Training Manager/Director of Training
- Adheres to all corporate policies and procedures
- Manages all classroom activities and ensures a positive work environment for allManaging orders of classroom supplies while monitoring spending and inventory to prevent over-ordering
- 2 years of experience in Training and Facilitation, preferably with a financial institution
- Ability to deliver an engaging Group during presentations and interactive experience in both the classroom and virtual environment
- Experience with colleague development
- Ability to effectively coach, has High Energy
- Excellent written skills, strong organizational skills
- Computer technical skills: - Word, Excel, Power-point, Access, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 70%Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Certification in Virtual Learning Facilitation -preferably using WebEx - preferredHours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40, although some additional hours may be required based on business needs
Work Schedule: 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday; however some weekend travel may be required
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.