As a Personal Banker, you are the financial liaison to every customer entering the bank. You will leverage your people skills to engage closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs, and recommend and open appropriate products and services to help them with their spending and saving needs. By developing meaningful relationships with each customer, you will resolve issues, educate customers on the various ways they can bank with us, and process teller transactions as required. This is an exciting opportunity to strengthen your financial knowledge and customer service skills as part of a supportive, branch-based team.
- Job type: Full-Time / Part Time
- Level: Early Career
- Travel: No
In order to succeed as a Personal Banker and grow your career within Citizens Bank, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Clear communicator 10
- Thoughtful 6
- Trusted advisor 8
- Detail-oriented 6
- Responsible 8
- Customer focused 10
Relate, Understand and Sympathize: Courtney's Path to Success
Why work for us?
Every day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch-in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
Because our culture is customer-centric, you're encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers secure their financial future. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill set, unveil your potential and embrace new opportunities.
We are citizens helping citizens. It's why we come to work each day. You'll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
We offer you a variety of career paths and work schedules in this role to support your lifestyle. You'll have options for where you want to take your career as well as when you work.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay you'll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens Bank. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
Responsibilities Req Number
Bank Teller, Personal Banker, Retail Banking, Consumer Banking Full/Part Time
1st Shift Description
Do you have a knack for working with people - always ready to help them, regardless of the situation, and make their day? Are you looking to develop your relationship building skills and strengthen your financial knowledge in a supportive, team environment?
A career as a Universal Banker is the right move for you.
As a Universal Banker, you will engage closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs, recommending appropriate products and services related to spending and saving. The Universal Banker is the financial liaison to every customer entering the branch. Your highest priority will be to ensure customers are extremely satisfied with every interaction. You will develop deep and meaningful relationships with the customer in order to resolve issues, educate customers on the various ways they can bank with us, and process teller transactions as required.A Day in the Life of a Universal Banker
What can we offer you?
- Engage with customers to develop a positive customer experience; strive to make each customer interaction the best experience of their day
- Develop new and existing customers by understanding their financial needs, providing products and solutions to help them spend and save
- Go above and beyond for customers to strengthen and retain long term relationships
- Grow new business and drive referrals to branch colleagues and partners to support the broader financial needs of customers
- Serve as the financial liaison to customers while providing world class customer service
- Open new accounts and assist with teller transactions as needed
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens Bank and its customers every day
- Present a professional appearance as the face of Citizens
QualificationsWhat qualifications are we looking for?
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Small Business Relationship Banker, Licensed Relationship Banker and Branch Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
Hours and Work Schedule
- High School degree or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience strongly preferred
- 2 years of sales and customer service experience
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to building relationships through phone engagements
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to strengthen relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies based on branch schedule and needs, Monday through Friday and may include SaturdaysBe a great Citizen.Join us today.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries. Note:
The application system is not compatible with all operating systems and devices. If you experience technical difficulties, please click on the Help link.