As the Risk Specialist, you will assist in completing control monitoring for one or more lines of business and/or products. You will work, under direction and within established time lines, to deliver control testing and key risk indicator monitoring which are critical to determining control environment effectiveness. In this role you will have exposure to processes supporting the business line and opportunities to develop on fundamental control monitoring skills. You will work with the Risk Sr. Specialist to support and provide guidance to the front line units. You will be responsible for partnering with the front line units to identify opportunities to create and implement KPI's, automated testing and continuous monitoring by leveraging digitization tools.
Primary responsibilities include:
Why Work for Us
- Assist in the completion of control monitoring and testing activities for one or more areas within the business line.
- Work within established time lines to deliver control self testing and key risk indicator monitoring which are critical to determining control environment effectiveness.
- Keep key constituents apprised of testing progress.
- Building strong relationships with the risk managers and business line management across the various business lines support by the Commercial Risk Management Team
- Keep the Risk Manager apprised of testing progress, overall themes, and findings
- Contribute to the content and creation of executive management reporting for supported business lines.
- Completion of RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessment)
- Assist in Risk and Control Self Assessment (RSCA) process through participating in line of business walkthroughs, validating and updating existing process mapping, and assessmentsQualifications
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel/PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skillsEducation, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor Degree required (Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit preferred)
- Plans topursue relevant professional certifications.Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8 -5 Monday - Friday
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Posting ID: 548981156Posted: 2020-02-13