Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
As a member of the Product Management team, the Product Manager will work closely with Sales, Product Development, Finance, R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial Development to drive product line profitability and growth in the Bottles Product Line, leading growth and development in the Spirits market.
Compensation Package includes:
Competitive base salary
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Career progression opportunities and more
1. Steer Profit and Loss (P&L) management, including mix management to optimize net margins. Analyze product line profitability and financial models and create associated action plans to drive delivery against Annual Operating Plans.
2. Build custom quotes and provide guidance and direction to Product Line Analysts for quoting stock business. Gather market data to create new business proposals to gain new business and retain current business profitably.
3. Develop and maintain actionable Product Strategies and tools to achieve aggressive Annual Operating Plan sales and profitability requirements.
4. Coordinate market and competitive intelligence. Collect, analyze and effectively communicate customer, consumer, competitive and market trends for specified products managed.
5. Prepare KPI reports and review sales and product reports for the assigned product line / market to understand and adapt Product Line trends and performance.
6. Spend time in relevant marketplaces gathering consumer trends, habits and customer packaging. Analyze competitive products, websites, opportunities and threats.
7. Work cross-functionally to create customer specific presentations, mock-ups, and marketing collateral. Maintain accurate product specifications on website, customer-facing, and internal documents.
8. Produce relevant content and messaging to be delivered to key target audiences in collaboration with sales and marketing. Assist with customer product line training when needed.
9. Create a business case / capex justification, based on a production cost study and business opportunity. Perform objective evaluation of completed projects to ensure delivery against capital, profit, and timing commitments.
1. Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, or related field. Masters or MBA a plus.
2. Demonstrated work experience with related Product Line, Product Management, and/or Project Development activities.
3. Strong Sales, Product Management and/or Financial background and experience with Beverage Market or Beverage Packaging preferred.
4. Knowledge of market research, marketing strategy, and new product development.
5. Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
6. Ability to understand customer needs and translate into meaningful messages.
7. Capability to build/maintain excellent rapport with sales and marketing teams.
8. Demonstrated meeting facilitation skills.
9. Available for travel ~10-15%
10. Ability to ideate and drive new product development.
11. Able to identify, define, prioritize, and address market opportunities using data and qualitative information.
12. Ability to work effectively with Sales and other functional leaders to drive profitable growth.
13. Able to organize, coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams including commercial, technical and operational.