Overview Berry Global
, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Enablement, the Training & Development Specialist assesses front line leadership training and development needs for the Consumer Products North America division through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with appropriate stakeholders. This role expands Berry CPNA leadership competencies by curating/creating, organizing, planning, and presenting various forms of onboarding and skills training for front line leaders. Ensures leadership training is measured, tracked and feedback is provided at appropriate intervals. A significant focus will be on manufacturing leaders throughout our North America facilities.
Compensation Package includes:
Competitive base salary
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Career progression opportunities and more
- Curate, design as needed, and deliver a full curriculum of training programs for front line leaders, both in the classroom and virtual.
- Create certifications to ensure learners have completed the necessary training.
- Effectively identify gaps in training and prioritize development of training materials.
- Schedule and design the rollout of the curriculum, and deliver training virtually or in-person as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor program costs, enrollment, and equipment of training programs.
- Stay up-to-date on the industry, product, market, and sales training best practices.
- Partner with Berry LMS and Sales Enablement administrators to tailor in-person content for virtual delivery as appropriate.
- Design and coordinate front line leadership onboarding curriculum.
- Design train-the-trainer modules and deliver/certify trainers at sites where appropriate for micro-courses in between in-person intervals.
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, human resources, or related field
- 2 years of experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position
- 3-5 years of experience managing people (manufacturing environment is desirable)
- Certification from a talent and training association is a plus
- Ability to apply best practices in adult learning principles in training design, presentation, teaching and evaluation methods
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, multitask and manage time efficiently
- Organized, with strong project management skills and the ability to create and manage multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead and gain confidence of leaders
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Able to work autonomously with initiative
- Flexible to travel overnight 50%