Overview Berry Global
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Move and process regrind in extruders
- Transport regrind and sheet to and from the grinding department
- Monitor color in con-airs and finished goods
- Monitor and maintain all material systems including con-airs, silo's and daybins.
- Document virgin material and regrind percentages and silo weights on all thermoforming lines.
- Oversee all duties of the Material Handlers
- Record "Material Percentages Sheet" data into the "Traceability" system.
- Ensure all material equipment is operational and perform minor repairs if necessary.
- Notify Thermoforming, Systems, or Building Maintenance or if a failure occurs.
- Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Report regrind consumption results in a timely manner to Department Supervisors
- High school diploma / GED Equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prior Thermoforming experience preferred.
- Able to stand/walk for 7 hours of an 8-hour shift.
- Able to work overhead or in awkward positions on a frequent basis.
- Ability to occasionally climb ladders / steps safely and without assistance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and/or up to 100 pounds with assistance occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull loads in excess of 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic, low clearance areas while not posing a safety risk to others. •Applicant must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
- Hearing sufficient to recognize and respond to shouted warnings alarms and horns on forklifts.
- Verbal communication adequate to use a radio and or paging system to contact other co-workers in other areas of the complex.
- Able to use both hands for effective manipulation of tools/parts.
- Stereoptic vision of 20/40 or better and peripheral vision of 70 degrees or greater and ability to read 10-12 point font at a distance of 12-18 inches.
- Bending and lifting ability adequate to shovel material.
- Ability to work in dusty / smoky environment on an intermittent basis.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct employees
Berry offers three Anthem medical insurance plans. Full medical, dental and vision insurance are provided with this position. If elected, insurance coverage begins the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
Employees enrolled in a Berry medical insurance plan are eligible to use any of the three Deaconess at Work clinics. The health clinics provide primary care services, generic prescription medications, physicals, health screenings, and labs; all at little to NO COST to the employee or covered family member. Click here to learn more about the employee benefits with Berry Global!
Berry is proud to provide accumulated time off for:
- Unpaid Time Off Days
- Vacation Time
- Personal Days for Perfect Attendance