Experienced Horizontal & Vertical Journeyman Machinist
Located at our Worldwide Headquarters in Madras, Oregon
As a KEITH Manufacturing Co. Machinist III, you will perform the highest level of complex machining and fitting of all kinds of parts, tools, and machines in support of production operations. You will determine operation sequences. You will serve as technical resources for less experienced machinists.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must go to our website and complete the online application.
· Able to read and follow specified layouts and prints, procedures, and operating charts
· Lays out work from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications
· Familiar with working properties of all materials.
· Sets up and operates all available machine tools and performs progressive machining operation on work involving very close tolerances or unusual requirements
· Perform hand operations such as filing, deburring, cleaning, disk grinding, etc.
· Skillfully use all machinists’ hand tools and measuring instruments.
· Program CNC machine tools in the course of making parts
· Experience with Mazak, OKK, Okuma, Mori Seiki Mill machines a plus
· Fits and assembles where necessary
· Able to perform repetitive operation on required machinery in the area
· Responsible for checking completed parts to meet KEITH Quality Control standards
· Maintain a “customer first” mindset for productivity and quality
· Maintain 6S in work area
· Meets agreed upon Company and department goals in a timely manner
· Arrives to work, meetings, and appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
· Regular and dependable attendance
· Responsible for communicating with Leads any operating concerns
· Able to operate other machinery in the area when necessary
· Able to empty chip bins or fill coolant for other operators when necessary
· Demonstration of previous experience preferred but not necessary
· Will complete KEITH training within six months
· May be required to pass employer performance tests
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Works in a Machine Shop
· Exposure to liquid and airborne coolant
· Exposure to continual noise daily from machines
· Various machinery
· Able to sit and/or stand for 10 hours at a time
· Able to lift 25 lbs. or more
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other functions. KEITH Manufacturing Co. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment with KEITH Manufacturing Co. is by mutual consent.