WE ARE LOOKING FOR TOP PERFORMERS TO GROW WITH US!
Del Taco needs people with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and deliver the quality and guest service that defines our brand. While we look for you to bring the right skills and personality for a Shift Manager position, we'll also provide the training and support you need to continue to grow and advance.
Our Shift Managers support our stores and General Managers in creating an amazing guest experience, and empowering their team to be at their very best. Our Shift Managers create a culture in our restaurants that is exciting, optimistic and rewarding.
Del Taco Shift Managers have significant opportunities for growth and career advancement and are charged with supporting the General Manager with the tasks of training the next generation of leaders, guiding them to be promoted and empowering them to have a successful career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports General Manager in supervising team that delivers effective results in the areas of quality, guest service, food cost, labor cost, safety, security, cleanliness and product preparation.
- Running shifts and supporting the GM in managing the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems.
- Ensures objectives are reached in all areas while following all Company guidelines.
- Ensure compliance during shifts with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
- Supports GM in creating and maintaining an "Employer of Choice" environment.
- Supports GM in providing leadership, direction, training and development to the restaurant team.
- Supports GM in supervising and directing the workforce.
- Supporting GM in making staffing decisions such as, recommending interviews, and administering disciplinary action as needed.
- Make recommendations to enhance restaurant operations.
- Delivers effective results in the areas of quality, guest service, safety, security, cleanliness and product preparation.
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of our menu items and has the ability to explain them to guests accurately
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record orders and compute order amounts; collecting payment from guests
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitations standards
- Ability to follow all Company operation policies, and procedures
- Make recommendations to enhance restaurant operations.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 1-2 years of experience in quick service restaurant environment with demonstrated ability to ensure guest satisfaction and ability to train and maintain an on-going guest service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leadership partner with management and staff, and to provide quality service to guests.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with effective follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve organizational goals.
- General knowledge of computers, POS systems, various electronic devices, and various software.
- Ability to perform basic business math skills. Cash handling skills desired.
- Excellent organizational skills for keeping detailed records, reports and logs.
- Demonstrated ability to visually assess and evaluate safety hazards in the work place as mandated by company safety procedures. Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes and company safety policies are met/followed.
- Ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close, effective relationships colleagues, department managers, partners and the public.
- Implement training and development plans and train staff
- Ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Experience, Education & Training:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Quick Service restaurant environment or a guest service industry in a supervisory or leadership role or an equivalent combination is preferred.
- Food Handlers certification may be required
- Ability to stand and walk for approximately 95-100% of shift including ability to bend, reach, and lift and carry a max of 50 pounds.
In Return we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to include:
- Great pay
- Shift Leader Vacation Plan
- Flexible Scheduling
- All Shifts Available
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with discretionary company match
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply Now”. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years experience in QSR industry / full service concept or 1 – 2 years experience within Del Taco system
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance, and use personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required
- Fluent in English
- Excellent Customer Service
- Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Strong Communication and Teamwork Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented and Accurate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Stand and Walk for 5-6 hours at a time
- Ability to lift 25 Ibs
- Other responsibilities as assigned