WE ARE LOOKING FOR TOP PERFORMERS TO GROW WITH US!
Does the challenge of assuming a leadership role at a $1 million-plus business inspire your ambition? Del Taco needs people with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and deliver the quality and guest service that defines our brand. While we look for you to bring the right skills and personality for a management position, we'll also provide the training and support you need to continue to grow and advance.
Our Assistant General Managers support our General Managers in building a team of top performers, creating an amazing guest experience, and empowering their team to be at their very best. Our Assistant General Managers create a culture in our restaurants that is exciting, optimistic and rewarding. Del Taco Assistant General Managers have significant opportunities for growth and career advancement and are charged with supporting the General Manager with the task of training the next generation of leaders, guiding them to be promoted and empowering them to have a successful career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports General Manager in supervising team that delivers effective results in the areas of quality, guest service, food cost, labor cost, safety, security, cleanliness and product preparation.
- Supports GM in managing the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems
- Ensures all objectives are reached in all areas while following all Company guidelines.
- Assists to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices
- Supports GM in creating and maintaining an "Employer of Choice" environment
- Supports GM in providing leadership, direction, training and development to the restaurant team.
- Supports GM in supervising and directing the workforce
- Works alongside the GM in managing the store’s financial performance
- Works with the GM in making staffing decisions such as, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling
- Make recommendations to enhance restaurant operations.
- Supports GM in promoting Del Taco’s vision by coordinating and implementing marketing activities in the local community to enhance community relations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Managerial experience in quick service restaurant environment with demonstrated ability to ensure guest satisfaction and ability to train and maintain an on-going guest service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information, costs, inventory and sales to achieve maximum profit potential. Ability to articulate variances.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leadership partner with other managers and staff, and to provide quality service to guests.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with effective follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead staff to achieve organizational goals.
- General knowledge of computers, POS systems, various electronic devices, and various software.
- Ability to perform basic business math skills. Cash handling skills desired.
- Excellent organizational skills for keeping detailed records, reports and logs.
- Demonstrated ability to visually assess and evaluate safety hazards in the work place as mandated by company safety procedures. Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes and company safety policies are met/followed.
- Ability to communicate, develop and maintain a close, effective relationships colleagues, department managers, partners and the public.
- Implement training and development plans and train staff
- Ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Experience, Education & Training:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- High School graduate or equivalent industry related experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a Quick Service restaurant environment or a guest service industry in a supervisory or management role or an equivalent combination is preferred.
- Serv Safe certification preferred.
Ability to stand and walk for approximately 95-100% of shift including ability to lift and carry a max of 50 pounds.
In Return we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Management Bonus Incentive Plan
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Plans
- Prepaid Legal Plans
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with discretionary company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply”. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.