This position is responsible for assisting in directing daily golf shop operations, promoting & managing the game of golf through instruction and golf course engagement, and representing the Hershey Country Club in the community and the section. This role will spread hospitality and goodwill among all golfers and assist in all aspect of the golf operation. The Assistant Golf Pro will assist in establishing Hershey Country Club as the best club within the market area & will assist with the improvement and development of high levels of customer service and satisfaction while maintaining a professionally managed operation.
- Open and close golf operations at the Hershey Country Club
- Administer and run golf tournaments/events
- Organize and run member golf functions
- Sell merchandise including hard goods to include fitting and equipment and merchandise knowledge
- Promote all club functions and activities
- Accountable for all financial operations
- Maintain a clean and orderly golf operation
- Actively work to greet members and guests by name, getting to know their personal preferences
- Display pleasing personality to all members and guests
- Be enrolled in the PGA-GPTP program and in good standing with the Professional Golfers Association of America
- Provide golf instruction
- Perform and follow up on any other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of related experience within the golf industry
- Must be enrolled in or have completed the PGA –GPTP program
- Must possess a valid Drivers' License
- A Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferred
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Proficient in tournament software preferred (Golf Genius, GOLFNET)
- Embodies the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Services, Team Focused, Respectful of others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Finger Dexterity Occasional (<33%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Occasional (<33%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 549126835Posted: 2020-02-19