This position works directly with welcoming our guests while working at our ZooAmerica Admissions location! You would be assisting guests with purchasing tickets and ancillary items to maximize their day with us, as well as Zoo Memberships! Often times you will be the first point of contact with a guest arriving at the park. Whether it's their first visit or 1000th, you have the opportunity to make a lasting memory for their family. This position is great for anyone who enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people and is upbeat and outgoing.
This position is a high guest contact position and requires that candidates must be comfortable cash handling.
What can a position with the Guest Experience Department do for you?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Friendships and Memories that will last a lifetime
- Networking Opportunities
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Learn Valuable Transferable Skills, such as:
- Problem Solving and Thinking on Your Feet
- Time Management and Punctuality
- Hands on Experience with Various Technology
- Cultural Awareness
- Cash Handling
- Verbal Communication Skills
ZooAmerica Admissions Staff: may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on the assigned job:
- High guest contact position
- Must be comfortable handling money
- Handle questions throughout the day about the Zoo
- Work on a computer based ticket system; selling and processing admission tickets and ZooAmerica Memberships
- Enter group orders in the computer, process payment for transient and group orders, print tickets, reprint on-line ticket orders, and print receipts
- Rotate daily from cashiers to hand-stampers on the ZooAmerica Bridge
- Handle clerical duties such as filing, answering phones, and filling out paperwork
- Handle and resolve guest issues
- Learn operational standards for the Guest Experience Department
- Must be 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by May 22, 2020.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Please note some departments may be more stringent on the appearance guidelines due to business need.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to work 4 days per week throughout the summer season to include a rotation of mornings and evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather.
- Physical requirements include finger dexterity, standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, and communicating.
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 549126933Posted: 2020-02-19