Maintains kitchen work areas, restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Scrapes foods from dirty dishes and wash them by hand or place them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays.
- Inspects dishes for breakage and cleanliness prior to stocking on shelves for usage.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and storage room floors.
- Cleans restrooms.
- Washes kitchen appliances, worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers ensuring all spills are cleared away.
- Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Washes and peels vegetables.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read some two- and three syllable words and to recognize similarities/differences between words and numbers. Ability to print and/or to speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to read, write and recognize numbers, comprehend signs and symbols.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All kitchen employees must wear rubber-soled shoes and follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or grasp; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and temperature extremes from sub zero freezers, ovens, stoves and grills and regularly works with moving mechanical parts such as slicers, dishwashers and sharpeners and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat from fryers, broilers, ovens and warmers and risk of electrical shock and occasionally works with power tools or power equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.