"For Internal applicants, the Internal posting period for this position is 1/28/2020 through 2/4/2020."
Provide the physical labor required to complete all grounds maintenance tasks in a proper, efficient and safe manner.
This position participates in the post-offer employment testing program.
- Complete tasks as assigned and in a manner as instructed. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Mowing, trimming, planting, watering, weeding, mulching and shoveling.
- Operate large mowers and tractors as required to perform assigned tasks.
- Identify common plants and perform proper pruning.
- Complete daily time cards accurately and neatly.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner, including using the appropriate safety equipment.
- Comply with all facets of the HE&R Employee Handbook.
- Comply with all facets of HERSHEY Nursery’s Quality Assurance Opening Standards.
- Report to foreman/crew leader any problems noticed with respect to property appearance or safety issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to obtain a medical card.
- Must be able to drive standard transmission vehicles, operate tractors and use side mirrors to drive a one ton truck.
- Must be able to operate efficiently and pass equipment test on (power blower, mini tiller, string trimmer, tractor, mulch mover, chain saw and large mowing equipment).
- Prefer 3 years of experience in grounds maintenance care or related field.
- Daily work shift may change due to work requirements (i.e. rain, freezing weather, etc.)
- Willing to be trained in any category of grounds maintenance in which he/she may need instruction, including equipment required to complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledge, identification, and safe use of hand and power equipment involved in grounds maintenance and snow removal.
- Must be able to identify common plants and perform proper pruning.
- Display a positive attitude and demonstrate the ability to get along with others in the workplace.
- Must be able to complete multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent decision making ability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, including the ability to speak, read and write.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative while working alone and cooperation while working in groups.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include weekend work and overtime.
- Occasional climbing stairs, climbing ladders, reaching overhead and balancing.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching forward, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, feeling, hand grasping, and operating controls.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 549127026Posted: 2020-02-19