Serves food & beverages to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and suggestively sells food and service.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Relays order to kitchen and runs food out to customers to ensure it is timely, hot and correctly prepared.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Cards all patrons that appear to be under the legal drinking age and refuses to serve alcohol to minors.
- Uses good judgement in not serving alcohol to intoxicated patrons.
- Observes diners to quickly respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Collects money for food and drinks served and accurately makes change using prescribed cash handling procedures.
- Ladles soup, tosses salads, portions pies and desserts, brews coffee, and performs other services.
- Busses and sets tables in restaurant according to standards, completes side duties as assigned and assists other wait staff as needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean, organized and appropriately stocked work area.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
DUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: No specific knowledge, education or training required to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions given either orally or in writing. Ability to write simple messages/notes/letters. Ability to communicate clearly in person, via telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, volume, basic weight and decimals. Ability to count, add, multiply, calculate change using American units of money. Ability to accurately handle cash, credit cards and checks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, grasp or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; talk or hear; and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All restaurant employees are required to wear rubber soled shoes and must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to temperature extremes from sub zero freezers, ovens, stoves, hot plates/plate warmers and grills and frequently works with toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and occasionally works with moving mechanical parts such as slicers, dishwashers and sharpeners. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.