Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in restaurant and banquets by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Cooks and tests foods being prepared by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Ensures that items are prepared according to recipes and in a timely, efficient manner that prevents waste, ensures quality and guest satisfaction.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Follows proper procedures in handling food to ensure health and sanitation guidelines are met.
- Uses tools and equipment properly to ensure safety and avoid injury or damage to equipment.
- Assists in unloading trucks that arrive with supplies, storing and rotating inventory.
- Cleans work area, freezers, kitchen area and dish area to ensure proper cleanliness is maintained.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one-month related or transferable experience/training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions given either orally or in writing. Ability to write simple messages/notes/letters. Ability to communicate clearly in person, via telephone and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to read, write and recognize numbers, comprehend signs and symbols.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Franchise specific certifications may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, grasp or type; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All kitchen employees must wear rubber-soled shoes and follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to temperature extremes from sub zero freezers, ovens, stoves and grills and extreme heat from fryers, broilers, ovens and warmers. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and a mild risk of electrical shock and occasionally works with moving mechanical parts such as slicers, dishwashers and sharpeners, toxic or caustic chemicals, and power tools or power equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents