Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Takes order from customers or servers and suggestively sells beverages/food to guests.
- Uses a shot glass/jigger or automatic pourer to mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks within recipe guidelines.
- Uses good judgment in not serving alcohol to intoxicated patrons.
- Ensures compliance with state laws by maintaining a "bar time" that is 15 minutes fast. Makes sure that all drinks are removed from the bar and tables by the state's legal time.
- Cards all patrons that appear to be under the legal drinking age and refuses to serve alcohol to minors.
- Serves non-alcoholic beverages, mixed drinks, wine and draught or bottled beer in a friendly courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Collects money for food and drinks served and accurately makes change using prescribed cash handling procedures.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers, employees and general public. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Ability to accurately handle cash, credit cards and checks. Ability to use basic accounting functions to balance deposits/daily work.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certification in alcohol awareness either prior to hire or immediately after hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, grasp or type; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist and to push, pull or lift over 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with moving mechanical parts such as blenders/drink mixers and small bar dishwashers. The employee is occasionally exposed to temperature extremes from sub zero freezers, and bar dishwasher steam and risk of electrical shock and occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.