Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Provides maintenance skills as a resource for the maintenance function to ensure effective equipment operation. This position is committed to ensuring the best quality products and excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits (AIB), good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), HACCP, meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance and DOT mandates.
Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes & are Priority #1.
- Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
- Assures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
- Proactively identify improvement focus areas
- Participate in root cause problem solving by team
- Work closely with production supervisors to provide effective maintenance support
- Promote a strong teamwork environment
- Encourage all associates to work in a safe manner and in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Understand levels of scrap and rework in area caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance
- Participate in budget planning for area and department
- Understand levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause.
Job Requirements Position Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong maintenance skill sets to include welding, electrical wiring, equipment set-up and changeover, reading of blueprints and schematics.
- Experience in a bakery maintenance department is a strong plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.