Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the centralized Financial Planning and Business Analytics functions of Bimbo Bakeries, USA. The position is responsible for leading the development of the strategic and annual operating plans, updating forecasts and period-end financial results. This would include P&L preparation and analysis, research, quantification and assessment of financial trends, spending variances and identifying/developing causal data.Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain reporting capabilities for all reporting entities. This includes development of appropriate systems and capabilities that support business reporting requirements.
- Responsible for consolidating annual operating plans, re-forecasts and period end financial reporting requirements, analysis of earnings, business trends, etc. and reconciliation to stated goals.
- Work with Brand and business unit leaders to understand business results through P&L analysis, earnings variation analysis ... Volume, mix, trade, Inflation and productivity analysis.
- Monitor, track, assess and advise management of key spending and business trends.
- Will work to standardize all key measures of business financial reporting.
- Will provide reporting and guidance on the "Key Business Metrics" used to evaluate business performance.
- Position involves supporting Senior Leaders in the development of presentations and business review materials that highlight performance, bring clarity to key issues, and support recommendations.
- Is responsible for communicating with and reporting to GB.
- Will provide advanced financial system modeling capabilities to support and develop better analysis, quantification and tracking of key business issues, trends, etc.
- Lead and / or provide support on special projects which will form the basis for varied and wide learning / interaction with multiple functions and all business entities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 10- 15 years' experience in finance, accounting, and or business management with a strong financial planning and reporting experience.
- This position requires the incumbent to have in-depth knowledge of profit and loss statement as well as analytical, communication and strong financial planning and reporting experience.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, excellent time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and high accountability.
- Accountable to lead and effectively develop a team at varying stages of development.
- Ability to lead by influencing peers and colleagues using collaborative and flexible styles to generate buy-in and ownership
- Strong technical leadership skills with a proven track record of successfully developing and executing an annual operating plan, updated forecasted period end financial results.
- Ability to lead and drive collaboration across a complex range of cross-functional partners.
- Strong and demonstrated skills managing financial system and software proficiency (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Some travel may be required, international travel can be expected
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.