A Carter Lumber Yard Supervisor is responsible for setting the example and providing direction in the operation of a lumberyard. This is accomplished by providing excellent customer service and ensuring that the appropriate material is received by every customer. Maintaining the stock and presentation of items in the yard, inventory control, following delivery processes and communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Staff Management:
- Previous supervisory experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a lumber yard
- Ability to direct and train others effectively as a team member
- Familiarity with building materials
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Responsible for setting the direction and managing areas of employment such as; hiring, communication, motivation, discipline, separation and other areas.
- Ensures goals are outlined for employees and are met.
- Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
- Ensures that material is accurately pulled and staged for pickup or delivery.
- Directs delivery schedules and responsible for ensuring that they are on time and the correct material and quantities were delivered.
Knowledge & Training:
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in the yard including sales, inventory and safety. Ensures that all equipment is being properly used and maintained.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Encourages and oversees employee career development.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 549157490Posted: 2020-02-14