Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bimbo Bakeries USA has as an outstanding opportunity for aDistribution Manager
for ourKansas City, MO Distribution Center
. The Distribution Manager will have full responsibility for the shipping and transportation functions, including budget responsibility and participating in and taking the lead in productivity initiatives.
Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities:
- Oversee that the shipping and transportation operations performed by our third-party logistics (3PL) provider meet on-time and accurate delivery requirements to ensure the highest quality of services is provided to our internal customers.
- Partner with Sales to ensure order fulfillment and timely deliveries are met by addressing complaints or issues.
- Monitor volume trends and variances such as Holiday/promotional activity, to anticipate any impact to the operation and ensure that 3PL is informed and aligning the appropriate resources to effectively support it.
- Oversee that schedules of all shipping personnel are designed for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that all Inventory Management activities are performed per BBU's guidelines.
- Ensure that transportation operations comply with OTM transportation plans and all DOT regulations.
- Partner with OTM's control tower to ensure that transport schedules are built in coordination with shipping and production departments ensuring maximum cubing and efficient routing.
- Ensure that the 3PL's safety program comply with all Safety, SQF and GMP policies and procedures.
- Manage the flow of empty product carriers and ensure adequate supply to the bakeries.
- Monitor and manage operating costs to ensure budget compliance by auditing all invoices from our third-party logistics providers.
- Tracking and maintenance of key performance indicators.
- Participate in GB and BBU audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three years of distribution / manufacturing management experience, food industry experience preferable.
- Sound working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- High energy and desire to excel and drive positive change a must.
- Knowledge of Warehouse and Transportation Management Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT,Federal and State regulations is a plus.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.