Help At Home is hiring Personal Care Attendants!
Join the leading national provider of high quality support, committed to delivering a gold standard of care to our clients.
We are looking for compassionate and dependable caregivers to support our mission to keep seniors and people with disabilities living independently within their homes and communities.
As a Personal Care staff member you will assist our clients with their activities of daily living, allowing them to continue participating actively in their communities. Benefits
Help At Home believes that our caregivers are the foundation of our work. We offer in-depth initial and quarterly training to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. Eligible staff also have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs. Help At Home understands the need for flexible scheduling and paid time off, and strives to be an employer of choice in your community. Responsibilities
- Provide support that enables clients to continue living actively in their communities
- Personal care, including bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Meal preparation and nutritional awareness
- Assistance with tasks outside the home including attending medical visits and assisting with transferring and transportation
- Report proactively on client updates and statuses, ensuring a positive environment with healthy communication
- In partnership with family members, develop trust and offer emotional support
- Alert clinical staff when concerns with client wellness arise
- High school degree or GED
- Commitment to serving clients with developmental disabilities; ideal candidates will have at least 1 year of providing this type of care and support
- Recognition of the needs and concerns of others, and the ability to build strong client-centered relationships with others
- Demonstrated ability to perform supportive services safely
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the willingness to work weekends or evenings in order to support clients
- Dedication to professional development, including completion of a direct care staff program that meets state requirements
- Commitment to providing support to clients without regard to location, socio-economic environment, medical diagnosis, ethnic origin or religion
In order to be employed as a Personal Care Attendant, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements.
Posting ID: 549157508Posted: 2020-02-14